Monday, April 23, 2007

La Côte Picarde - 1.Ncup, France,

Whats O'Grady pointing to as he crossed the line in teh Hell of the North? The sky? or was it the HOLLYWOOD Cycles poster above him ?

Hollywood next time can you wear your straw hat and a shirt ? haha
Ok, so enough of Hollywood and on to me. Can you find me ? I'm in the top left corner. I stole the picture off Cycling News, from La Cote Picarde u23 World Nations Cup.

La Cote Picarde started off on a bad note leaving the neutral zone my chain fell off the ring, and it wouldn't get back on, as I rolled along I had to reach down and put it back on by hand. By this time I was 3/4's the way back in the group. 40k's later I was riding at the front and I broke a Spoke, Not sure how... But it broke alright. After a quick wheel change I was in the team cars jumping front bumper to bumper to chase back, with the group riding 45-50k's an hour, it wasn't very easy at all! Lucky I was able to make it back after a few K's of chasing. Not more then 30k's later Wolf Flatted at the worse possible time the group was strung out single file in some rolling hills at about 50k's an hour, Peter and I dropped back to help him chase back knowing he was the teams best chance for a good result. Once he was safely back in the main group I never saw the front of the race again. I was gassed from chasing twice. Once we hit the first of the two Finishing circuits with two long climbs each lap I was dropped on the first of the two, joined a small chase group, almost caught back on at the top of the next climb. Close but not close enough.. On the second lap up the big climb I started to gain some ground again, only to blow up 3/4 of the way up. Once I was at the top the team cars were well out of sight and there was no chance of making it back into the race. I called it a day and enjoyed the wonderful decent back down the to finish area. Not that bad of a day considering I chased back on twice and the field was stacked with the worlds best U23 riders....

Cole

1 Comments:

Blogger Hauser said...

Good work young fella, hope youz having a good time over there, don't forget about your favorite Clydesdale when it comes time to buy goodies, remember...size XXL in European clothing!

I went out to your house and took my BB wrench back, just FYI.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home