Saturday, March 31, 2007

Waregem U23

So it's a few days late, better late then never right?
Wednesday five of us from the u23 national team raced the Waregem U23 world cup race. The course was right around 160k with four very selective cobble stoned climbs. Early in the race was very sketchy, some narrow roads and parked cars, a few guys ran into some parked cars... Didn't sound very good... As the raced started nearing the climbs everyone was trying to be in the top 50 riders, I made it to the front twice, both times I was swarmed within 5 seconds. If you didn't know there was climbs coming up you would of thought the finish was close. I hit the first climb about mid pack and ended up in a chase group through the feed zone. The gap to the lead pack was about a minute so the team cars started coming through, once we hit the Second climb we almost caught back on only to look up and hit the brakes as 4 team cars were stopped, I wasn't able to stop quick enough as I hit the Back of the car. Nothing very bad, just a little tap. That was the race, as two of my teammates (Peter & Walker) and I spent the next two climbs and the last 50 k in a chase group of about 20, Finishing about 6 minutes back.
On a better Note Bjorn Finished in the lead group.

Tomorrow we are doing race about an hour and a half from the house. It's 160k long mostly flat with some smaller rolling hills. Goal- Finish with the lead pack.... But cross winds might have a better idea for me... I hope not.

Cole

1 Comments:

Blogger Hauser said...

Nice job Cole, keep the updates coming, good reading for us old guys back here in the states!

Hauser

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home