Sheboygan
This last weekend was the last WORS race of the year, in Sheboygan . This race is one of my favorite races. The race also has the largest prize list with $1700 going to the winner, $900 for second, $500 for third, $300 for 4th, $150 for fifth, and some smaller cash pay outs for the top 15.
With all of the big pay outs I knew there would be some really fast guys there. I knew I would have to have a great day to win so, I hoped for the best. With John Devine, Doug Swanson, Jeff Hall, Brain Matter, Brain Eppen , Tristan Schoutan and my self all on the front row at the start line I knew it was going to be fast from the start.
Don says GOOOOOOO and we’re off, I make the lead group of six on the first lap. The pace was so fast I was hanging on for dear life. When we hit the Equalizer, I tried riding up, but Matter jumps off his bike right in front of me kicking me so I get off and run up too. Unfortunately, missing the $5 at the top if you were successful in climbing the equalizer. I chased back on the group only to get dropped at the end of the pavement.
After being dropped, I settled in to a nice pace and hoped that someone would get dropped off the lead group. Eppen and I start working together to try and not lose too much time on the lead group hoping that we would catch someone. On the third lap we passed Devine when he flatted. At the end of lap 4, Eppen gapped me on the Equalizer when someone else got off in front of me. I lost some time trying to stay upright.
Going into the last lap, I was sitting at sixth. I figured if I could make it to the single track I would be safe from the chase group of three. The chase group was now 45 seconds behind me with half a lap to go. I had enough time to just ride and keep myself from cramping. If I would have gotten off my bike, I would have cramped, so I tried staying on my bike as much as possible. I would just have to make it up and over the equalizer without cramping.
As I was riding up the equalizer, someone jumps off in front of me, causing me to have to get off and run up it also. I jump back on my bike and both legs cramp, I can’t pedal so I roll to a stop, get off my bike and hope they start going away real quick, before anybody passed me. The chase group of three went past and I still couldn’t move. About 30 seconds later I was able to get back on and ride into the finish in Ninth place.
Not a great day, but not a bad day either. I wasn’t too happy about my finish. Nice Job to Tristan, who won on his home course, beating Swanson and Hall by, I think, a little over a minute.
It all added up to be a good day.
Cole
With all of the big pay outs I knew there would be some really fast guys there. I knew I would have to have a great day to win so, I hoped for the best. With John Devine, Doug Swanson, Jeff Hall, Brain Matter, Brain Eppen , Tristan Schoutan and my self all on the front row at the start line I knew it was going to be fast from the start.
Don says GOOOOOOO and we’re off, I make the lead group of six on the first lap. The pace was so fast I was hanging on for dear life. When we hit the Equalizer, I tried riding up, but Matter jumps off his bike right in front of me kicking me so I get off and run up too. Unfortunately, missing the $5 at the top if you were successful in climbing the equalizer. I chased back on the group only to get dropped at the end of the pavement.
After being dropped, I settled in to a nice pace and hoped that someone would get dropped off the lead group. Eppen and I start working together to try and not lose too much time on the lead group hoping that we would catch someone. On the third lap we passed Devine when he flatted. At the end of lap 4, Eppen gapped me on the Equalizer when someone else got off in front of me. I lost some time trying to stay upright.
Going into the last lap, I was sitting at sixth. I figured if I could make it to the single track I would be safe from the chase group of three. The chase group was now 45 seconds behind me with half a lap to go. I had enough time to just ride and keep myself from cramping. If I would have gotten off my bike, I would have cramped, so I tried staying on my bike as much as possible. I would just have to make it up and over the equalizer without cramping.
As I was riding up the equalizer, someone jumps off in front of me, causing me to have to get off and run up it also. I jump back on my bike and both legs cramp, I can’t pedal so I roll to a stop, get off my bike and hope they start going away real quick, before anybody passed me. The chase group of three went past and I still couldn’t move. About 30 seconds later I was able to get back on and ride into the finish in Ninth place.
Not a great day, but not a bad day either. I wasn’t too happy about my finish. Nice Job to Tristan, who won on his home course, beating Swanson and Hall by, I think, a little over a minute.
It all added up to be a good day.
Cole


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home